White Tanpura — 4 Comments

  1. I did the same for a Dilruba … running before being able to walk 😉 — now trying to get the Jawari back in order. The original one doens’t buzz. Want to replace it with white one using polyester. I started the project to kind of follow the Apple white designs, sort of. Rounded the curves. I use Titanium white + Tinanium white pigment to balance an off white color. The binding is violin varnish. Multiple layers and wet sanding (1000/inch). Gives a satin finish. Gloss kind off kitch IMHO.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

HTML tags allowed in your comment: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>